Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Something Special Happened In Madison County

"I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book that you can by reason and the balance by faith, and you will live and die a better man. It is the best Book, which God has given to man." —Abraham Lincoln

Last week, something special happened in Madison. While people were sleeping safely in their beds, it was still happening. While school children were sitting in class, listening to their teachers or reading their books, it still happened. As the floodwaters began to recede, it was happening.

The Word of God was being read aloud in the Four Freedoms Park in Madison for everyone to hear. Sometimes, the words were enjoyable and sometimes they were not so enjoyable. There were promises of blessings and warnings of curses.

Nevertheless, God's Word was read and I believe that Madison County benefited because of it.

Everyone who had a part in the reading of God's Word, from the readers to the organizers to those who handled the sound equipment, my applause goes out to you.

The Bible says: "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

Madison County will be blessed by the reading of the Holy Bible during Four Freedoms Week.

No comments: