Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm Loving Losing

I usually don't like to lose, but lately I've been loving losing. I have lost a little over 13 pounds in the past two weeks. Pray for me that I keep losing weight.

Weight is the only thing that I love losing because I am competitive. I believe that my competitiveness is motivating me to keep losing the weight. I am setting some goals for myself, which may seem farfetched at this point but I know that if I keep striving for them, they can be attained.

Don't laugh but one of my goals is to be able to run a half-marathon by next year. I hope to be able to run a 5K and a 10K before that.

I have been learning how to control my appetite and push away from the table earlier. I've joined Weight Watchers and I have been counting points.

I went to O'Neal's with my family the other day and I will continue to go. I enjoyed a piece of baked chicken (after taking the skin off), some beans, a salad and a little rice. As always, it was delicious but I was able to push away from the food. I was surprised when my sister, Abbie, out-ate me.

The one thing that I will try not to eat anymore at O'Neal's is their ribs and barbecue sauce. I can actually take or leave the ribs, but their barbecue sauce is the food of the angels. I don't know what owner Danny Croft puts in it, but it is delicious. I could sit and drink the stuff, but I will not do it. It's kind of like KFC cole slaw. You can forget the chicken but the slaw is divine.

I have felt better since I have started losing weight and I find myself meeting and beating little challenges (such as not eating Danny Croft's BBQ sauce). It feels good when I get on that scale once a week and see if I have lost anything.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13). With Christ on my side, I know I can reach my goals! In the meantime, I will keep on being a loser and losing with pride.

No comments: