Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Abbie's Sense of Humor

My sister, Abbie, has a sense of humor that can scare me sometimes.
The other night, I walked into Walmart in Live Oak with Abbie. We got our buggy and I stationed Abbie at the back so she could push it, which she enjoys doing. I had leaned over and was looking at cookies or something else which don’t need to eat and she disappeared. I’m serious. Poof! She vanished.
My brother, Danny, and my father were behind us getting power buggies (since both of them have trouble getting around in the store) and neither of them saw Abbie disappear either.
I don’t think I have to tell many of you that I was frightened. I began asking others in the store if they had seen which way my mentally challenged sister went. None of them had. I ran out the door to make sure that she hadn’t gone back in the parking lot. There was no sign of her there.
When I got back in the store, Danny and Daddy were fanning out looking for her as I frantically continued to search.
I saw Daddy come out of one aisle, driving his buggy and Abbie was sitting on it with him, just laughing. He said that she had popped out of one aisle and hopped on it with him.
I collected Abbie and we set about doing our shopping, with her happily pushing the buggy and grinning from ear to ear about the joke she had played on her big brother.
The Bible tells us that a merry heart doing good like a medicine but sometimes a little joke can just about scare the life out of you.

No comments: