Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back from the Dead -- Part Two

I would like to thank everyone once again for the prayers, cards, well-wishes, etc. that I received during another stay at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital. It sounds melodramatic, but I was actually lurking near death. Thank God for the quick thinking of Dr. Julie Schindler and the actions taken by the staff at TMH.I had developed pulmonary emboli (which I think is a scary doctor term for blood clots) on both sides of my lungs and I have some infarction in my lungs (dead tissue). I have to take blood thinner for the next six months and have my blood checked every week for six months.Doctors also told me that I have a fatty heart and a fatty liver. If I don't have something done soon, it could be critical or even fatal for me.Right now, I don't have insurance and I am looking at a couple of different options -- such as medically needy Medicaid and vocational rehabilitation -- to help me pay for any treatment that I need.I wasn't able to make it to work today (Thursday) because I was so weak. I did work all day yesterday and I am going to try to make it tomorrow.Please continue to remember me, my health needs and my family's financial needs in your prayers. When I'm not able to work, I don't get paid.If you haven't ordered a copy of my book My Life on Rollercoasters yet, I urge you to at http://www.amazon.com/My-Life-Roller-Coasters-Learned/dp/1434830802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206658930&sr=8-1Either copy and paste the link into your browser bar or go to Amazon.com and type in "Jacob Bembry" or "My Life on Rollercoasters" and it will take you to the pageThanks for everything, especially the prayers because without God, I could do nothing

No comments: