Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A House Filled With Company

My house has been filled with a lot of company lately and I enjoy the buzz and the hubbub of it. When you have company, it makes you feel like your family has expanded.
Family members have been the main source of the company. Sure, my father has had some physical therapists, occupational therapists and home health nurses that have come in but the home is usually filled with family and friends.
This past Saturday, my aunt Kathy visited. She and her son, Jamie, have become frequent supper guests. We enjoy their company. Also on Saturday, my friend Melissa stopped by, as did Coleman Raines, Jr., who brought us some political signs. He and my father enjoyed a little chat about Coleman’s relatives, the Whighams, the Raineses and the Howards.
My sister, Debbie, has been staying with us and she usually has a pot of coffee on or a cold soft drink or tea available for guests.
One day, before it gets too cold, I would love to have a potluck supper and invite my friends, relatives and neighbors. We could all eat outdoors. I would invite some of my friends over to play some music and enjoy the gift of life and music that God has given to each of us.
So many times, I realize that I have been ungrateful for everything that God has given to me. This year, my family and I have encountered numerous health problems. God has tried us and we are coming forth as gold. We continue to face health and financial problems, but God is supplying all of our needs. I have to constantly remind myself that while life might not be good at the moment, God is always good!

No comments: