Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Best Social Networking Site

The Best Social Networking Site

24And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25
I belong to an awesome social networking group. Chances are that many of my readers belong to such a group, even if it is not the one that I belong to. I’m not talking about Facebook, MySpace or any of the other myriad online networking sites. I’m talking about a group that does not even require an Internet connection to participate.
The group I belong to is a church. In my case, I am a member of Midway Church of God. While my network may be small, it is a member of a much larger network called the body of Christ. Many other churches, of all kinds of denominations belong to that network. The only requirement is that they be a true Bible-believing church who believes in one triune God (Father, Son and Holy Ghost) and salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ.
We are told in Hebrews 10:24-25 to stir up love and good works and not forsake the assembling of ourselves together. A Christian can be a Christian without going to church, but a car can also be a car without gas, water and oil but try to run a car without those things. Try to live a Christian life without going to church and engaging in fellowship with other believers who encourage and exhort you. It’s not easy, is it? After a while, your Christian life runs down and you become useless for Christ, even though you may still be saved. Cars need to have gas, oil and water to run. A Christian needs prayer, Bible study and church to run.
I have been through a number of crises this past year. If it had not been for my network of friends at my church and other churches who have prayed for me and helped me in so many other ways, I could not have made it.
If you do not go to church, you are invited to join us each Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday evening at Midway Church of God. I’m sure that you will be welcome at other churches also. If you do go to church, make sure you’re there (if at all possible) when the doors are open. It’s a social networking site that every one can enjoy.

No comments: