Sunday, August 2, 2009

A License To Live

    I awoke this morning after seven hours of blissful sleep. After hardly sleeping the night before, I needed the sleep before going back to my assignment.

    When I speak of my assignment, I am not talking about my job. Today is Sunday, the Lord's Day, so during my assignment, one of the geographical locations I will visit is 2485 SE Midway Church Road, Lee, Florida. I will be in church. It is only part of today's assignment, but it could be the most important part.

    My life is filled with suspense. My assignment is to live and breathe, to be the places I need to be and do the things that I need to do. I'm not sure of what all of them will be.

    Recently, some of the curves in the road have been sharper and some of the mountains I have had to climb have been harder. God never promised me an easy life. He did promise strength to sustain me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:5
 

    Today, I will get dressed and head out to my next assignment. I'm not "BondJames Bond" and I don't have a license to kill. I'm BembryJacob Bembry and I have a license to live.

No comments: