Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Seductive Voice Of The Siren, Sleep

    Sleep is beginning to creep up on me. Like a scene in a horror movie, it creeps up stealthily behind me and taps me on the shoulder with its cold bony hand.

I need sleep. I crave sleep. Tonight, I will yield to its seductive voice.

    I did not sleep much last night – or this morning I should say. I was seeking ways to find more followers for this blog. I want to be able to share my "Jacob's Ladder" column and my faith with the world. If I gain followers and get more page views, hopefully I can garner advertising dollars and make the site profitable for me. Regardless of whether I do turn a dime or not, I will keep blogging. If nothing else, it will be therapeutic for me and everyone needs therapy now and then.

    So, tonight, for a few hours, I will shroud myself in the tomb of slumber. Tomorrow, if the Lord tarries, I will awaken and get ready for church. If he does not tarry, I will awaken to the sound of Gabriel's trumpet and rise through the air and meet Him in the sky.

    Good night, everyone.

Pleasant dreams.

No comments: