Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Tempting Seductress

    Once again, sleep beckons me. A tempting seductress, she speaks softly and sings lullabies to rock me to sleep.

    Tomorrow, I will awaken to another day. The day may bring joy. It may bring pain. All I know is that tomorrow will be different. No day is ever the same, at least not on my job.

    When I took a job in the newspaper business, I did not know how there would always been something different each day. Each day, there are new challenges, new people to meet and new stories to write. It's all different. It's all fresh. It may be exhilarating, it may be frustrating, but there is always excitement. Some of the excitement I like. Some of it I don't, but at least I can never say my job is boring.

    Lately, my life away from work has been anything but boring and dull. How I long for just a normal dull day. I pray that my level of excitement goes up with my level of exhilaration. I pray for frustration and troubles to ride out on the wind.

    Now, I listen to sleep's sexy voice. Perhaps that is where I will have a "normal dull day" in the darkness of the night.

    Good night, readers. Have pleasant dreams.

No comments: